Opening a corporate bank account

I just moved to Brazil from the Netherlands and I’m starting a consultancy business to serve clients from Europe. I have just applied for my residency permit and have received a temporary “RNM” number. However, I have not received the final document yet. I do have a CPF and CNPJ. A few questions:

• Is it possible to already open the corporate bank account?
  • When I have the bank account, can I receive payments from EU?
  • I have a local Brazilian director for the company. Would she be able to set up the bank account and transfer it to my name as soon as I have received the final visa document?
1 curtida

Hello, @jwtimmer1205 it is great to have you here in the community, welcome to the community and to Brazil. :clap:t5: :clap:t5: :partying_face: :partying_face:

A foreigner can also be a Nubank client. But it is necessary to be aware of some details:

• Valid documents are CNH, RG or RNE (National Registry of Foreigners). Passports and work permits are not accepted;

• Our system only approves registrations in which information such as address and telephone number are of national origin.

• Photos must be sent only through the application (App Nubank) - not by e-mail.

Is it already possible to open the company bank account?
Only with the company’s open company data (CNPJ)

Once I have the bank account, can I receive payments from the EU?
Yes, you can

Nubank PJ customers do not have a limit on the amount per transaction to send or receive money from abroad, nor a daily limit on international transfers. However, there is an annual limit to send money from abroad depending on the company category:

MEI: R$ 56,700
ME: R$ 252.000
LTDA: R$ 300.000

If you want to increase the limit, you need to send some company documents to the Remessa Online team and wait for approval.

I have a local Brazilian director for the company. Would she be able to open the bank account and transfer it to my name once I receive the final visa document?
No, the bank account must be opened in your name (Individual Account)
or in your company’s name (Company Account)

15 curtidas